25.7 C
Port Moresby
September 28, 2021
Featured News Southern

Man Electrocuted in Boroko Identified

The man electrocuted in Boroko while urinating in Public has been identified as 22 year-old Yombon Herman, from Siri Village in the Enga Province.

EMTV News spoke to family members at their home this morning in Morota.

They say Yombon was killed because of neglect from authorities involved. Yombon’s  father, Herman Anton, says  the shopping centre and PNG power neglected to put danger  signs up and maintain the transformer.

The late Yombon’s brother and uncle, collectively feel that Yombon would not have died if there were signs notifying the public of the danger.

Yombon tragically died on Thursday, when he was electrocuted after urinating next to a transformer.

The late Yombon was selling Buai that afternoon to pay for food. He died near a busy public shopping centre at peak hour on Thursday.

Yesterday, there were no reports at the Police station of his death. But, the family are mourning his tragic and abrupt departure.

Related posts

Delegates to Meet for 8th African, Caribbean and Pacific Summit

EMTV Online

Lae City Dwellers to Meet Madang FC in NSL Encounter

EMTV Online

Kavieng Airport to be upgraded into International Airport

EMTV Online
error: Content is protected !!