Who we are
EMTV is Papua New Guinea’s premier television station and has been the country’s window to the world for over two decades. Owned by Telikom PNG through a subsidiary called Media Niugini Limited, the channel is one of the most respected and trusted sources of news and information in the country today.
EMTV commenced broadcasting within the National Capital District of Papua New Guinea in July 1987.
A transmission centre was opened in Lae in April 1988 with Mt Hagen, Goroka, Arawa and Rabaul following in rapid succession. A milestone was reached in June 1989 when EMTV commenced being received live in Lae, Mt Hagen and Goroka.
20 years later EMTV is now received in real time via satellite in 38 centres throughout Papua New Guinea. Based on 2000 Census information the EMTV footprint is approximately 45 per cent of PNG’s total population of approximately 7 million people.
To be THE communications business for Pacific communities.
We will accomplish our vision through the strength of our service and we will:
- Empower our people.
- Provide Pacific communities with compelling content, technologies and related services to meet their infotainment and communication needs.
- Provide advertising customers with cost effective opportunities to interact with their existing and potential customers.
- Develop, grow and maintain a loyal and dedicated customer base.
- Develop, grow and maintain relationships with suppliers, distributors, governments and regulators for mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Provide an acceptable total return to shareholders.
We value, team work, honesty, respect, integrity, creativity and effectiveness.
News, sport, entertainment, education, community messages and commercial adverts production.