23.7 C
Port Moresby
September 24, 2021
Entertainment Life

Court rules against Halle Berry

Regardless of evidence suggesting threats to Halle Berry and her child Nahla’s personal safety, a judge has ruled against Berry taking her child away from Nahla’s biological father, Gabriel Aubrey, to live in France.

Fearing for the safety of her child Nahla, Berry filed a petition to be allowed to uproot her daughter from the US and resettle in France where she and her current fiancé, Olivier Martinez, plan to marry and live.

 

Her fears stem from two men, one of which reportedly threatened to slit her throat and the other convicted of stalking her.

 

Robert Hoskins, who had made threats against her life had recently escaped from a mental institution in February this year. The other, Richard Franco, who was jailed for stalking Berry, was released earlier this year causing Berry to state in a criminal complaint against him, “This person has invaded and trampled upon the most fundamental sense of security I have, and I am extremely frightened of him and what he might do to me and those I love”.

 

The court decision seems to be have been made regardless of these outside dangers and weighed more towards the relationship between Nahla and both her parents.

 

Lisa Helfend Meyer, a family-law expert, said in view of this case that the court would look at the request in terms of whether the move would be in Nahla's best interests, when interviewed by E! News.

 

“If the court finds it is a detriment to the child—meaning that it would interfere with the relationship with the father, that it would harm the child in terms of the child's ties to where the child is living—then the judge wouldn't grant [permission],” Meyer said.

Related posts

Church Structure Vital for Service Delivery in PNG

Joanita Nonwo

Lois Ilave as Miss Queen Emma

EMTV Online

U.S. pro bowler charged in attempted extortion of actor Kevin Hart

Reuters
error: Content is protected !!