By Juanita Nonwo – EM TV Online
bmobile-Vodafone users banking with Westpac now have a reason to celebrate after the two companies launched into a partnership to provide their customers with convenient banking right at their fingertips.
Customers can now access mobile banking services such as:
- Balance enquiries
- Mini statement request
- Top up phone credits
- Conduct inter-account transfers
- Pay other banks – BSP, ANZ, Kina
With mobile banking, customers don’t have to leave home to do banking, or stand in long queues which can be time consuming; the service allows the customers to bank securely by being able to regularly change their mobile PIN.
- Customers can call their nearest Westpac branch and give their bmobile-Vodafone number for it to be registered
- Dial *149# and press the “SEND” button
- Then follow the prompts showing on the mobile screen to access the full banking services.
Speaking at the launching yesterday bmobile-Vodafone Group CEO, Sundar Ramamurthy, thanked Westpac for taking the opportunity to utilise bmobile-Vodafone services in this partnership to bring customer satisfaction; while Westpac PNG-Managing Director, Geoff Toone, pointed out the overwhelming feedback from the customers, stating that Westpac is now the first bank to provide mobile banking through two different communication networks.