By Lillian Sopera Keneqa – EMTV News, Port Moresby
The appointment of the Board for the Tourism Promotion Authority has been welcomed by Minister for Tourism, Arts & Culture.
In a statement, Minister Emil Tammur expressed confidence in the Board, as it represents a cross section of the tourism sector.
All members have significant experience in the tourism industry.
The members include:
- Jackson Zabala representing Hoteliers Industry
- Pym Mamindi representing Tour Operators
- Alan Milne representing the National Airline of PNG
- Edward Uma representing Banks and Financial Institutions
- Keryn Hargreaves representing Tourist Attractions
- Toea Julius Chan representing the Commuter and charter airline industry
- Gregory Wong representing the National Tourism Industry, and
- Sioni Sioni representing Tourism Development
Ex-officio members to the board include Finance Department’s Secretary and TPA Chief Executive Officer, Jerry Agus.
Member for Nawae, Kennedy Wenge, will chair the board, which will hold its first meeting at the end of this month to formally endorse the TPA 2019 budget.