27 C
Port Moresby
January 18, 2021

Issues With NID Card Must be Reported to Civil Registry Office

Share the News


By Fabian Hakalits – EM TV, Port Moresby 

Any issues or errors identified on the National Identification Card must be immediately reported to the Civil Registry Office. This is the call from Civil Registrar, Dickson Kiragi.

The civil registrar made this appeal following an error reported by a cardholder to EM TV, citing the missing ‘A’ on his surname and a K300 charge laid by the NID Card team.

The civil registrar apologised to Mr Sarufa for the error that occurred during printing, and said for him to return the card so it can be replaced.

Any errors found on the card must be reported to the Civil Registry Office, and if clients aren’t satisfied with counter service, Mr Kiragi said for the public to request for senior officers, including himself and his deputy.

Mr Kiragi told EM TV News that once errors are reported, they can be fixed within 24 hours.

On the card replacement fee, it states K200 for those damaged, defaced, stolen or misplaced. Only under circumstances, charges can be given. However, the card is free for ten years and must be renewed after.

As an incentive for accessibility, its free registration, free birth certificates and a free NID card.



Related posts

International Pop Dance Crew in PNG to Promote Mintt Smart Phones

Godwin Eki

Global Construction Supports Miss Pacific Islands Pageant PNG

Jana Zoriry

Feni Islands comes alive with the Darren Lockyer Cup

EMTV Online
error: Content is protected !!