25 C
Port Moresby
August 9, 2020
Featured News Southern

Governor Parkop: Buai Ban continues after APEC

By Rayon Lakingu – EMTV News, Port Moresby

 

NCD Governor Powes Parkop today (12 November 2018) announced that the Betelnut ban in the City will still continue after APEC.

This is to make the capital city a clean and healthy place to live in, and enhance the image of the city abroad, including the mindset of the city residents.

The Governor challenged the city residents to help keep the capital city clean and healthy, during the APEC Leaders’ Summit and after the Summit.

Parliament passed a law banning all sale of betelnut on the streets of Port Moresby, however, enforcing this law has been a challenge so far.

But with APEC week underway, the decision to ban betelnut and smoking on the streets of Port Moresby will be enforced.

The governor called on City residents to abide by the laws, he also commended city residents for their effort in keeping the city clean.

He also said the ban is not only for APEC, but will continue after APEC.

As host Governor, Parkop said it is a once in a lifetime experience and people must embrace this opportunity.

Port Moresby is unique because it houses the diverse cultures all in one city.

And such an event will help promote the unique cultures and bring many opportunities.

 

Related posts

PNG Women Celebrate International Women’s Day

New Caledonia Congress elects 11 ministers

EMTV Online

Government Agency Satisfied with SHP SIP Projects

EMTV Online
error: Content is protected !!