24 C
Port Moresby
March 1, 2021
News

Company Responds To City Schools Complaint

Share the News


by Quinton Alomp – EM TV, Port Moresby

Claims made by three schools in Port Moresby against a leading IT company, engaged by the education department, to install access systems in schools has been brushed aside.

Wardstrip demonstration primary school, Gordon Secondary and Badili vocational have paid K56,666 each to Sungwoon international limited in 2013 to install electronic access systems in the schools.

The schools claim the company has been double paid. They demanded reimbursement of their money.

However, the company General Manager, Joe Kim, says they have documents to justify.

Police have carried out investigation earlier this year, and they have supporting documents ready to be presented to court.

Sungwoon Managing Director, Steven Jung, says the company slowed down its progress with the project last year, when they wanted to introduce this new system in other schools in the city.

He stated the reason of the delay was due to people claiming it was “satanic”, and subsequently spread rumours about the project.

The company said they can settle the matter in a civil court.

A letter from the Education Department justifies the agreement for software development and hardware purchases as contractual agreement with the company.

The letter cleared Sungwoon’s involvement in the contract, however there is still misunderstanding between the three schools, education department and the company.

Related posts

Citizens Pleased With Construction

EMTV Online

New board for the Public Employees Association

EMTV Online

Lae Residents Want More Fire Stations

EMTV Online
error: Content is protected !!