Air Niugini Reassures Public of Safety

By Adelaide Sirox Kari – EMTV News, Port Moresby

 

Air Niugini says that they want to reassure the flying public, that safety is always paramount in their service delivery.

The airline company released a media statement on the repatriation of the passenger from Indonesia who was the only casualty from the Chuuk crash.

Late Eko Cahyanto Singgih’s body is finally on its way to his family in Java, Indonesia, says Air Niugini.

In the media statement on Monday, 8 October, Air Niugini said a specialist team brought in by the Airline will accompany the body throughout the entire repatriation journey.

Initially Federated States of Micronesia Investigator In Charge, Massy Halbert had confirmed last Sunday that his body had been flown into Port Moresby.

Yesterday (Tuesday, 9 October 2018) Air Niugini said the casket was met by Air Niugini representatives upon arriving at Jacksons International and was taken to a funeral home. The following day the casket of Late Eko Cahyanto Sinngih was put on an Air Niugini service to Singapore then on to Indonesia where he will be laid to rest in his home village in Java.

But the question of why the Indonesian was not accounted for has been an ongoing debate of the Crew Responsibility. EMTV News confirmed with the FSM IIC that his body was found on the plane.

Meanwhile, Air Niugini also said that as a member of the International Air Transport Association for the last 9 years, it has been a part of operation safety audits.

And in keeping with the objective of these operation safety audits, following the accident Air Niugini has undertaken a full risk assessment review of the Chuuk to Pohnpei route.

The company says while it completes the safety review, flights will continue using both Boeing and Fokker aircrafts.

 

Adelaide Sirox Kari

Adelaide's current role in the News Department is as a Political Reporter covering cross-cutting issues on gender based and other social issues,

Adelaide Sirox Kari
error: Content is protected !!