The perfect complement to fresh Papua New Guinea seafood, add a delicious mixture of natural coconut cream with Chilli and Ginger.
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 tsp crushed chilli
- ½ tsp finely grated lemon or lime zest
- ¾ cup coconut cream
- 24 mussels in the shell, beards removed
- ¼ chopped spring onion
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant
- Add the lemon or lime zest, coconut cream and bring to the boil stirring.
- Add the mussels. Cover the pan occasionally. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Divide the mussels between serving bowls, spoon over some of the coconut broth and garnish with spring onion leaves.
Serve with boiled rice, steamed sweet potato or to your liking.