30.7 C
Port Moresby
December 3, 2021
News

Father to Sue Child Welfare

An Australian father will be suing the PNG Welfare Department for failing to carry out its duties in on a Child Neglect Case.

This is according to Captain Fred Martens, who flew into PNG last month to rescue his son after he claimed the son was abducted by his former partner seven years ago.

Captain Martens said he has tried for the last two weeks to speak to the Religion, Youth and Community minister Louzaya Kouza but his attempts were unsuccessful.

The whole drama unfolded in 2007 when his former partner took the two boys off their biological mother for a holiday trip to Kella Village in Morobe.

The boys were never returned to their mother despite the attempts she and the boys’ grandparents took to recover the children.

While all this was going on, the father who is a long-time PNG based businessman was imprison in Australian on false rape charges. 

EMTV news understands that despite the necessary docuMen’s provided to Welfare officers in Lae and Port Moresby, by the Biological parents of the boys, the officers did very little to recover the boys.

Captain Martens said, his former partner is now demanding a payment of K100 000 as compensation money before the two boys will be released.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=5iyO6MmrnCI%3Ffeature%3Doembed%26wmode%3Dopaque%26showinfo%3D0%26showsearch%3D0%26rel%3D0

Related posts

Only Valid PNG Passports Can Enter Indonesia Starting Tomorrow

Theckla Gunga

Racquets Club Revitalised

EMTV Online

Maprik District Subsidises First 100 Students Attending Maprik Resource Centre

Jack Lapauve Jnr.
error: Content is protected !!