I love beef stir-fry dishes as they are easy to make and quick to prepare, but most importantly stir-fry dishes always come out great no matter what vegetables you cook with.
- 1 kg beef cut into thin strips/slices
- 1 large size broccoli cut into serving pieces, stem thinly sliced
- 2 medium size choko peeled, deseeded, sliced into thin strips
- 1 small size red capsicum cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2-3 thumb sized ginger peeled and cut into thin strips
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- Cooking oil
- In a bowl, place the beef and mix in the soy sauce and let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat wok until it starts to smoke than add in a fair amount of and stir fry garlic and ginger until aromatic.
- Remove from wok and keep aside. On same wok stir-fry the broccoli stems and the choko for two to three minutes than add in the broccoli florets and onion for another minute. Remove from wok and keep aside.
- In the same wok, stir-fry the marinated beef in batches; add more cooking oil as necessary for 5 to 10 minutes or until it starts to render fats.
- When done with the rest of the beef, return all the stir-fried ingredients to the wok. Add in the oyster sauce and capsicum, stir cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt to taste and serve hot.