Sweet potato is one of Papua New Guineas staple foods.
There are many different varieties of sweet potato which can be cooked in so many different ways.
One alternative cooking method is the baking, here’s how.
*3 cups cooked mashed Sweet Potato or Kaukau
*3 table spoons butter
*3 tablespoons finely sliced onions
*½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1 tablespoon milk
* Salt and pepper to taste
- After mashing the cooked sweet potato, mix in the butter, onion, milk, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Separate the whites from the yolks. Beat them separately.
- Pour the egg yolks into the mashed potato followed by the egg whites.
- Place the mixture into a greased baking dish.
- Brush the top with butter and bake in the oven with the dish placed in a pan of water for 35 to 40 minutes at 160 degree Celsius.
A different style of cooking to make you enjoy sweet potato even more.