News

Police To Clamp Down School Fights

The head of Lae police, Ivan Lakatani said the police are still awaiting reports from the Lae Secondary School administration before charges will be laid against students who stoned a bus two weeks ago.

Mr Lakatani said 40 Bumayong students have already been arrested while none have come forward from Lae Secondary.

 

The fights between Lae secondary and Bumayong students two weeks ago caused damage to properties and commuters.

 

Mr. Lakatani said those students will be arrested, charged and will appear in court.

 

The Lae Community Police Unit has since issued a strong warning to arrest students involved in student violence in a desperate attempt to clamp down hard on the students.

 

Meanwhile, a police officer appeared before the Lae district court today for allegedly shooting two students last year. The case was adjourned. The final court decision will be next Wednesday.

 

It’s understood that the police officer, opened fire whilst trying to disperse Lae Secondary and Bugandi students at Lae’s Eriku last year.

 

Tobias Hombi, a grade eleven Bugandi student died from a bullet wound to his neck while Dimas Dobi survived.

Related posts

Diplomatic consultation and approval necessary to return seven PNG men stranded in Tuvalu

EMTV Online

Day Two of Air Nuigini’s Supa Series

EMTV Online

Financial Roadmap Launched

EMTV Online

Leave a Comment

error: Content is protected !!