Residents of a street in West Taraka in Lae have called on PNG Power to improve their response time in attending to emergencies.
They made the call after a live power line was left unattended for two days.
A dog which was passing through got electrocuted and died.
This was at Kundu Street in West Taraka.
The disconnection occurred during the early hours of the morning yesterday, and was identified by a community leader residing at that area.
He reported the matter to PNG Power yesterday, who then told him that they will attend to the matter, but still have not.
The delay has affected the residents, especially those who own trade stores.
These men who resides along he area have organised themselves to guard the place, especially to alert the public to keep away from the area.
We contacted PNG Power for an answer, and they said to contact their call centre to sort out the issue.
The area is now dangerous for people, especially children who run along the footpath.
This is just one of many cases in Lae that have been left unattended.