Trial of five Indonesians in Vanimo’s court adjourned

Spread the love

 

The trial of five Indonesian citizens arrested by the Papua New Guinea police for illegal fishing in Aitape was postponed until Monday 17 June.

Indonesian Consul in Vanimo, Abraham Lebelauw, told Antara on Wednesday the Indonesians were previously scheduled to stand trial on Tuesday (June 11), which was adjourned on Wednesday (June 12).

“I am still awaiting a report on the cause of the delay in the trial of the five Indonesian citizens,” said Abraham.

The five Indonesians were arrested for illegally catching sea cucumbers in the waters of Aitape. The sea cucumbers had been stored in the home of a PNG resident.

When arrested on 31 May, the five Indonesian citizens living in the Hamadi area of Jayapura did not have identity cards, a passport or a border crossing card, Abraham added.

The five Indonesian citizens being held in Vanimo’s prisons are identified as Hebert Saru, Lewi Lai, Oktovianus Anabai, Soleman Waromi and Freddy Waromi.

 

Source: ANTARA (PACNEWS)

 

EMTV Online

EMTV Online is the premier destination for Papua New Guinea news on the internet.

EMTV Online

Leave a Reply