Staff at the PNG Power headquarters in Port Moresby refused to go to work today. A huge crane carrying banners was parked in front of the closed gates.
Many were aware of the restraining order taken by the board last Friday, and refused to talk on camera; however, they said the board, management and the National Executive Council, needs to come clear on the suspension of John Tangit.
However in another twist, State Enterprise Minister, Ben Micah withdrew threats against the board. All parties attended a closed door meeting this afternoon to sort out issues.
Those who attended the closed door meeting at the Grand Papua Hotel this afternoon included Minister for State Enterprises Ben Micah, members of the board, suspended CEO John Tangit, PPL management and representatives of the union.
The minister withdrew his threats.
The board has also been asked to withdraw the restraining order against Mr. Tangit.
The NEC will be appointing a special ministerial committee to oversee this investigation.
Earlier this morning, a huge crane was parked in the front gate leading to the headquarters.
It was here since Friday. The front gate has been closed since then; all staffs including clients are directed to the back gate.
There were posters hung on the fences insulting the board and also alleging actions of the board.
The only staffs that were allowed to pass through the gates this morning were those working in the finance and operations divisions.
Others waited outside for further instructions by the management. Many staff were caught by surprise this morning by this action. They also refused to speak on camera.
They said they were aware of the restraining order taken by the board last Friday, to restrain suspended CEO John Tangit.
As of tomorrow, all PNG Power staff has been advised to return to work including those in the operation division.
error: Content is protected !!