North Bougainville has recorded the highest number of candidates nominated to contest this year’s National General Election in the Autonomous Region of Bougainville.
There are 31 candidates who were accepted and declared by Acting Election Manager, Desmond Timiyaso.
This is 42 percent of the total number of 73 candidates vying for the race for the North, Central and South Bougainville Open seats including for Bougainville Regional.
“For North Bougainville we have received 31 candidates, which is the highest,” said Timiyaso.
The race is now on with former well known icons including Former Acting Chief Secretary to the Autonomous Bougainville Government, Chris Siriosi and also former Administrator Francis Kabano, challenging the sitting MP, Lauta Atoi who is re-contesting his seat under the banner of Peter O’Neill’s People’s National Congress Party.
A former radio journalist with the National Broadcasting Corporation, Stalin Sawa also vowed to challenge the sitting MP including one of Bougainville’s educationists, Tony Tsora.
This is the order of candidates draw:
ITEM | NAME | BOX | PARTY
- Joe Hanette | 10 | Independent
- Taehu Keali Pais | 11 | Independent
- Cosmas Geetow Sohia | 12 | SOM Pioneer Party
- Jeffery Tarawaru | 13 | Independent
- Wayne Tumark | 14 | Independent
- Raymond Hakena | 15 | Social Democratic Party
- Rodney Kimiramba | 16 | Independent
- Rachel Opeti Konaka | 17 | Independent
- Francis Tozan | 18 | Independent
- Elizabeth Burain | 19 | People’s Progress Party
- Francis Kabano | 20 | Independent
- Clement Rumina | 21 | Independent
- Donald Hamao Tato | 22 | SOM Pioneer
- Chris Siriosi | 23 | Independent
- Tsirikou Thomas | 24 | Independent
- Solomon Serepia Hanets | 25 | SOM Pioneer Party
- Denis H Sareke | 26 | PNG Human Rights Party
- John Kolan | 27 | Independent
- Michael Geketa | 28 | PNG Grassroots United Front Party
- Mech Robin | 29 | Independent
- Lauta Atoi | 30 | People’s National Congress Party
- Tony Tsora | 31 | Independent
- John Biti Bule | 32 | Independent
- William Nakin | 33 | National Alliance Party
- Marcelin Getsi Laris | 34 | SOM Pioneer Party
- Terry Robin Mose | 35 | New Generation Party
- John Bosco Ragu | 36 | PNG Party
- Noel Sarei | 37 | People’s Labour Party
- Stalin Sawa | 38 | Independent
- Benjamin Muruna | 39 | Independent
- Damien Kora | 40 | People’s Democratic Movement Party