28.7 C
Port Moresby
September 26, 2021
Featured News

Morata Toddler Dies in House Fire

A couple has been left devastated after they lost their only child in a blaze at Morata 4 Settlement in Port Moresby, last night.

Grand Mother, Everlyn Piaso, told EMTV News that the fire started from a candle-light which burnt the entire house including the toddler who was asleep in the house.

EMTV News arrived at the scene and saw remnants of the burnt house that took away the life of a 16-month-old baby, Lyn Piaso from Wabag.

Grand Mother Evelyn said the fire started around 11:00pm, when she was away looking to source water.  She said the cause of the fire is believed to have come from a candle, which was lit inside the house.

Residents said attempts to stop the flame were unsuccessful due to a limited water supply.

Neighbor, Gideon Lione,l said they were unable to save the baby too, because the place was so dark and they could not identify where the baby was.

They managed to prevent a nearby house from burning using little water they had.

This prompted community leaders to call for immediate intervention from local MP, Michael Malabag, and NCD Governor, Powes Parkop, to bring water supply and electricity into their homes.

They claimed that they have developed the place, and in their own way, have contributed to the development of this nation.

 

Related posts

Rufina Peter: Four Major Challenges Women in PNG Politics Face

EMTV Online

Rural Community Gets New Basketball Court

Daphne Rasehei

Simbu Governor at Gov't coalition camp after election recount

Scott Waide
error: Content is protected !!