By Jack Lapauve Jnr – EM TV, Port Moresby
A residential flat in Port Moresby’s suburb of 6 mile was burnt down and possessions destroyed as fire gutted the property.
Residents there could not control the blaze as it sparked out of hand.The fire ignited after sparking off from an electrical fault early this morning and it didn’t take long for the fire to extend to other neighboring residences as it burned its way through.
Bystanders jumped in to help the residents there, while others stood in amazement and used their mobile phones to capture images and videos of the fire.
An eye witness said, efforts to put out the fire using a hose, or buckets of water, was denied by the huge flames engulfed the building.
Witnesses said the Boroko Fire Service was informed of the fire but arrived an hour later.
This fire has prompted the public to question the roles of the Fire Service and its ability in responding to such incidents.
Families living there have lost properties valued at over K50, 000.