Shepherd’s Pie is an ‘easy meal’ to prepare for the whole family. Here’s how to make it:
What you’ll need:
2 kilos ground beef (mince meat)
1 ½ Cup Mozzarella Cheese (Grated)
1 Large Onion (diced)
2 Large Capsicums
2 Lemons (halved)
Light Soy Sauce
Zesti (or salt and pepper)
1. Boil the potatoes: Place the peeled and quartered potatoes in medium sized pot. Cover with at least an inch of cold water. Add a teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until tender.
2. Cook beef: In a medium sized pan, cook your minced meat with grated ginger and garlic. Also add your lemons, soy sauce, sugar and Zesti for seasoning or you can always opt for salt and pepper, whichever you prefer. Cook until your mince is no longer pink
3. Add your vegetables: once your beef is cooked add your onions, tomatoes and carrots. Add tomato paste to your mince and vegetable mix. Cook until vegetables are cooked.
4. Mash your Potatoes: Once your potatoes are cooked, drain the excess water and mesh your potatoes. Add a tablespoon of butter and a cup of milk and combine with your potatoes until you have a nice smooth consistency.
5. Layer the meat mixture and mashed potatoes in a baking dish: Start by spreading your mince mixture into a baking dish with your mashed potatoes layered on top. Sprinkle cheese to finish and place the dish in the oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Here is segment host, Nicole along with Shannon, who whip up this easy meal.