30 C
Port Moresby
July 12, 2020
International News

Body of student repatriated from China

By Annette Kora – EMTV News, Port Moresby

Following the story of the student who passed away in a state prison in China a month back, the body of the Late Tyson Kulara was finally repatriated back to PNG earlier this week, with the help of the Department of Foreign Affairs and the PNG Embassy to China.

The Late Tyson Kulara was reported to have had a cardiac arrest passing away in a state prison in China on the 27th of January 2019.

The family expressed gratitude towards help given during the repatriation exercise for the Late Tyson to be brought back to PNG, even though there was no direct financial help from the government.

The Kulara’s were able to pull through financially with contributions from the Enga Provincial government, along with family and friends both in Enga and Port Moresby, as well a community of PNG students studying in China – mostly friends who were studying together with the Late Tyson contributing 10, 000 Yuan equivalent to 5000 in PNG Kina.

The entire repatriation exercise in China alone cost between K200 to K300, 000. This is excluding what was spent in the last month while trying to get in touch with the Department of Foreign Affairs and the Chinese embassy in Port Moresby.

The family, however, still remains dissatisfied with how the entire process was handled and the protocols lacking on how to deal with situations such as these. Even reports on circumstances surround his death remains inconclusive at this stage.

The body of the Late Tyson is currently at the funeral home for families in Port Moresby to pay their last respects before it begins the final leg of its journey to his home province in the coming weeks to be laid to rest.

Related posts

Tokyo issues Japan’s first same-sex partner certificates

EMTV Online

Bmobile-Vodafone Presence

EMTV Online

This year to be among three hottest on record: ‘extraordinary weather’ – U.N.

error: Content is protected !!