A rural school in the West Sepik province has topped this year’s grade 10 results.
Oksapmin High school from Telefomin district today was announced the “2019 Best Performing School”.
Education Secretary Dr. Uke Kombra said despite the many challenges and criticisms, the Oksapmin story is one that speaks of the success in the delivery of education in the country.
Apart from Oksapmin, Catholic mission run – St. Charles Luanga Secondary and Marrianville Secondary came in second and third respectively.
In the 2019 grade 12 results, Port Moresby National High topped the list.
The rankings are based on the overall academic performance sourced from the internal and external results or marks.
Private runs school are not included.
The complete list herein;
TOP 10 GRADE 10 ACADEMIC SCHOOLS OF 2019
1. OKSAPMIN HIGH SCHOOL (WEST SEPIK)
2. ST. CHARLES LWANGA (NCD)
3. MARRIANVILLE SECONDARY (NCD)
4. MT. HAGEN SECONDARY (WESTERN HIGHLANDS)
5. BUSU SECONDARY (MOROBE)
6. MERCY SECONDARY (EAST SEPIK)
7. LAE SECONDARY (MOROBE)
8. MANUS SEONDARY (MANUS)
9. ST. IGNATIUS SECONDARY (WEST SEPIK)
10. DE LA SALLE SECONDAY (BOMANA) (NCD)
MOST IMPROVED 10 GRADE 12 ACADEMIC SCHOOLS OF 2019
1. ARAWA SECONDARY (AROB)
2. MANGGAI SECONDARY (NEW IRELAND)
3. MAPRIK SECONDARY (EAST SEPIK)
4. WANTOAT HIGH SCHOOL (MOROBE)
5. KIRIWINA HIGH SCHOOL (MILNE BAY)
BEST PERFORMING GRADE 12 SCHOOLS OF 2019
1. PORT MORESBY NATIONAL HIGH
2. AIYURA NATIONAL HIGH
3. SOGERI NATIONAL HIGH
4. MARRIANVILLE SECONDARY
5. WAWIN NATIONAL HIGH
6. ST. CHARLES LWANAGA SECONDARY
7. PASSAM NATIONAL HIGH
8. KEREVAT NATIONAL HIGH
9. MT. HAGEN SECONDARY
10. BUSU SECONDARY
11. CAMERON SECONDARY
12. ST. GABRIEL TECHNICAL
13. LAE SECONDARY
14. GOROKA SECONDARY
15. ST. MARY’S (ASITAVI) SECONDARY
16. SACRED HEART (TAPINI) SECONDARY
17. DE LA SALLE (BOMANA) SECONDARY
18. DON BOSCO VANIMO SECONDARY
19. LIHIR SECONDARY
20. KUNDIAWA LUTHERAN DAY SECONDARY
21. TONU SECONDARY