By Meleasie Goviro – EMTV News, Port Moresby
PNG Human Resource Institute (PNGHRI) launched its annual national conference in Port Moresby yesterday (MAY 15). The conference was attended by roughly 200 human resource personnel from all over the country. Various prominent PNG organizations were duly recognized for their outstanding performances in HR management in 2017.
Keynote speaker, Chief Secretary Isaac Lupari, commended PNGHRI for giving prominence to developing Human Resource across the country.
This year, PNGHRI launched the conference under the theme; ‘Human Resource Profession, the soul of all organizational development, performance and sustainability’.
Chief Secretary Issac Lupari commended the efforts of the various organizations and individual HR personnel who earned recognition for their outstanding programs and contributions to improving Human Resource management across the nation. Mr Lupari urged the institution to continue developing Human Resource in the country, stating they were vital for managing PNG’s resources. He commended PNGHRI for producing some of the most successful HR personnel and challenged the institution to continue on that path.
PNGHRI President, Jerry Wemin, says with the government’s introduction of Tuition Fee Free Education, they are stepping up to the challenge of training the growing student population expected to pass out of the education system.
The 2017 Best Performance Awards given are as follows;
- Bank South Pacific Limited (BSP) was awarded Best Private Sector Employer for the 5th time running;
- Civil aviation Safety Authority (CASA) got the Best Public Sector Employer award.
- PNG Customs Services (PCS) stripped the title for Most Progressive Public Sector Employer from its former mother company the Internal Revenue Commission (IRC) and;
- Kumul Petroleum Holdings Limited (KPHL) 2017 holds the title for Best State Owned Enterprise Employer
Various individual and fellowship awards were also presented;
- 2017 Best HR Practitioner: Lucy Iramu, CASA HR Manager
- 2018 Top Graduate of UPNG BBM HR Degree: Michael Wolo
- 2017 Top UPNG Buisness Management Degree Professional Studies Program: Genevieve Tege Hau, Major in HRM Graduate
- 2017 Top UPNG MHRM Degree Graduate: Tony Drua Tom
- Raewyn Pene: Brunel International
- Dr Nama Polume: Department of Treasury