The Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat invites entries for the design of a logo for the Pacific Resilience Facility (PRF).
To build our resilience the Pacific Islands Forum will establish a regional financing facility. The goal is to raise US$1.5 billion to help vulnerable Pacific people. The PRF will support small grant-based and high-impact projects to make communities disaster-ready. This is a Pacific-owned, Pacific-led solution.
We need a logo that sums up this ambitious concept and communicates our message to the world.
To enter, simply follow these rules:
Each entrant must be a national of the Pacific Islands Forum’s 18 member countries.
- Individuals or teams may submit no more than two entries per individual or team (a separate Entry Form with details of all team members must accompany each submission).
- all submitted work must be the original work of the entrant(s) and must not include, be based on, or derived from any pre-existing or third-party designs, trademarks, or copyrighted images.
- all entries will become the property of the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat.
- except where prohibited by law, submission of an entry to this contest constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, prize information, and information provided on the entry form for publicity purposes, without further permission or compensation.
- the Secretariat reserves the right to modify the winning logo to suit its needs.
- the decisions of the Judges will be final.
- the selected winner MUST submit a version of the winning design that it is adaptable to electronic and print media, to reproduction on small and large surfaces, and to use in colour or in grayscale.
- late, incomplete, incorrect or illegible entry forms will be considered invalid.
How to Enter
There is no fee to enter the Pacific Resilience Facility Logo Design Contest. Eligible entrants must:
- Complete the Official Entry Form on the next page.
- Create a logo design in jpeg, tiff, eps, or PDF formats.
- Explain your design in 150 words or less
- Submit your completed Entry Form and logo design to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com by midnight Tuesday 27 April, 2021 (Fiji standard time). Write ‘PRF LOGO COMPETITION’ in your email subject line.
- In submitting an entry, each entrant agrees that any and all intellectual property rights in the logo design are deemed assigned to the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat.
A panel of judges including the Pacific Islands Forum Secretary General will evaluate all entries based on the following criteria (though other criteria may be considered):
- Relevant – does the entry capture the purpose of the Pacific Resilience Facility and reflect Pacific culture ?
- Distinctive – does the entry exhibit original design, creativity, and imagination?
- Memorable – do all the elements work together to create a unified and appealing design?
The winner will be announced at the official launch of the Pacific Resilience Facility. The winner will receive a cash prize of F$3,000.
The Judges reserve the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
 Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Republic of Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.