By Meriba Tulo – EMTV News, Port Moresby
The country’s watchdog has announced the new retail fuel prices for this month, and motorists will not be seeing any reprieve, with prices for petrol, diesel and kerosene, all seeing increases.
As of tomorrow, in Port Moresby,
- Petrol prices will increase by 2.84 toea per litre – to K3.23 per litre,
- Diesel increases by 4.38 toea per litre – to K3.08 per litre; and
- Kerosene increases by 1.68 toea per litre – to K2.82 per litre.
For outside centres, prices will increase as follows;
- Petrol prices will increase by 3.46 toea per litre;
- Diesel prices increase by 5.07 toea per litre; and
- Kerosene prices will increase by 2.33 toea per litre.
According to the ICCC, increase in the retail prices for the three petroleum products is mainly attributed to the decrease in the Import Parity Prices (IPP) for February, which is a result of an increase in crude oil prices.
The new prices come into effect tomorrow, Friday, February 8.