The Education Minister Jimmy Uguro has announced today that Schools are suspended from Monday 22nd March till 19th April when classes will resume again.
According to the Education Calender, it will be Week 8,9,10 of Term 1 and the Term 1 Holiday week.
This approval for suspension will apply to;
- provincial institutions (preschools, elementary schools, primary schools, high schools, secondary schools and vocational institutions) and
- national institutions (national high schools, Inclusive Education Resource Centers and FODE).
The suspension means that there will be no formal classes, tests, and examinations conducted at these schools from March 22nd to 16th March 2021.
Protocols for Provincial Schools:
- Each Provincial Education Board in consultation with the respective Provincial Government and Health authorities will determine the smooth implementation of the suspension;
- Teachers who are setting students’ homework and other tasks must strictly follow pandemic control and preventive measures; and
- School heads and Teachers must work on plans to recover lessons once school resumes, set termly programs, lesson plans, homework, tests and examinations.
Protocols for National High Schools and Inclusive Education Resource Centers:
- All national high schools will be locked down, and boarding students must strictly follow COVID-19 preventive measures;
- Students can travel home, however, will not return until classes resume;
- A crowd of more than 20 people are prohibited;
- Strict preventive measures must be followed;