By Daphne Rasehei – Emtv Online
The medium through many of today’s generation is Social Media, and sit’s like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and the lot is a good way to globalise the Awareness for Cancer.
Today is the day that you can be an advocate for cancer, showing your support within your community through Social Media.
Here are some ways of supporting World Cancer Day on social media:
- Join the ‘Talking Hands’ activity
The ‘Talking Hands’ social media campaign is an entertaining and easy way to get involved in World Cancer Day, to show your support to the fight against cancer and increase the global impact of the Day.
You can be as creative as you like. Alternatives to writing on your hands are either using all kinds of mediums (e.g. piece of paper, post-it, notebook, blackboard, writing in sand, printing on a t-shirt, computer/mobile screen, etc.)
- Follow the official Facebook and Instagram accounts for World Cancer Day.
- Sign up for the World Cancer Day Thunderclap campaign
- Change your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn profile pictures and covers on 4 February.
- Use the official hashtags #WorldCancerDay and #WeCanICan
- Use social media to communicate about your World Cancer Day plans and share key messages in the lead up to and on the Day.
Cancer affects far more than the physical aspects, it is an emotional, psychological and spiritual process as well. So support the cause. Your support may just put a smile on a Cancer patient.
Visit the World Cancer Day 2016 page for more information.