Here’s another quick and easy approach to low-fat cooking – steamed fish with pak choi and garlic.
All these ingredients can be found at your local markets and can easily be substituted with other ingredients to suit your preferences.
*4x150g fillets white fish;
* Washed & cleaned ginger, finely shredded;
*2 cloves of garlic, sliced finely;
*2 tbsp low salt soy sauce;
*1 bunch of spring onions, finely chopped
*1 lime, cut into wedges
* Brown rice to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Cut a large rectangle of foil, big enough to make a large envelope. Place the pak choi on the foil, followed by the fish, then ginger and garlic.
- Pour over the soy sauce then season.
- Fold over foil and seal the three edges, put on a baking sheet.
- Cook for 20 mins, open the parcel and scatter over the spring onions. Serve with brown rice and squeezed lime juice.
Enjoy the richness of steamed fish with all its flavoured spices and pak choi.