Shredded pork and mashed potatoes is simple to prepare, yet super tasty! Plus, mashed potatoes is an ideal vessel to mop up all that yummy BBQ sauce.
- Pork Shoulder, boiled in water for 4-5 hours
- 6 potatoes peeled and boiled
- 1kg of green beans, steamed
- Spring onion, copped
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves of mashed garlic
- A cup of pork gravy
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Jar of mayonnaise for the mashed potato
- Drain the cooked pork and leave to dry for 4-5 minutes, then finely shred with a fork.
- Steam your beans
- Mash the potato and mix with mayonnaise.
- Pour the gravy into a medium sized pan and add a bit of olive oil
- Heat over low-medium heat.
- Add shredded pork and garlic and stir.
- Heat thoroughly for about 10 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool. Sprinkle the spring onions on top.
- Serve with your mashed potato, steamed beans and enjoy.
This will certainly be a meal that you will never get enough of.