Residential Home On Fire In Renbo

Spread the love


by Merilyn Diau-Katam – EM TV News, Port Moresby

This morning around 10am, a double storey, six bedroom house at Renbo estate, belonging to a Milne Bay family, caught fire.

A family member was asleep on the ground level when the fire started.  By the time he realised the house was on fire, half the house was up in flames. He quickly ran out to safety.

Worried neighbours looked for means to put out the heavy flames, while the area was on water rationing this morning.

A distressed Governor Wobiro, stood outside his house attempting to call the fire service when his fence caught on fire.

The growing fire caught on surrounding trees, resulting in the house next door catching flames as well.

Fire Service Chief Superintendent NCD Command, Akia Koia, said, “The Gerehu Fire Service was on their way to fetch water from Waigani, when they received the distress call at 10:53 am from Boroko Headquarters. When they reached Renbo, it was too late to save the house.”

Investigations will begin tomorrow.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=xITtybdxbP4%3Ffeature%3Doembed%26wmode%3Dopaque%26showinfo%3D0%26showsearch%3D0%26rel%3D0

EMTV Online

EMTV Online is the premier destination for Papua New Guinea news on the internet.

EMTV Online

Leave a Reply