24 C
Port Moresby
February 27, 2021
News Southern

Reservist Ban Lifted in NCD

Share the News


by Vasinatta Yama – EM TV News, Port Moresby

The National Capital District (NCD) Commission along with the Royal Papua New Guinea Constabulary (RPNGC), today signed a memorandum of understanding lifting the ban previously placed on reservists in the capital.

They have now been granted similar power to that of the RPNGC.

A total of 150 reservists will be deployed in Port Moresby, with some having started work today.

Police Commissioner, Gari Baki, said NCD needs the reservist’s presence to ensure security and safety in the city.

They will operate on their own, but will be supervised by NCD Command.

The reservists will be deployed to areas where their presence is needed.

NCD Governor, Powes Parkop, said the reservist unit was banned after much complaint from the public of their actions and behaviors.

However, the Governor said the commission is trying its best to control the negativity.

Parkop said the reservists are now well trained and are up to standard.

RPNGC will issue the unit firearms, which will only be used when there is a need.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XsMLlz9YW7E%3Ffeature%3Doembed%26wmode%3Dopaque%26showinfo%3D0%26showsearch%3D0%26rel%3D0

Related posts

Prime Minister opens Banab Bridge

Jack Lapauve Jnr.

Famous Dump A Home

EMTV Online

Officers from First Battalion Royal Pacific Island Regiment Promoted

EMTV Online
error: Content is protected !!