25 C
Port Moresby
February 26, 2021
Momase News

Polytech Student Electrocuted

Share the News


by Bethanie Harriman – EM TV, Lae

A student from the National Polytechnic Institute in Lae was killed in the early hours of this morning after he got electrocuted.

This morning, the deceased student’s body was moved from the Angau Hospital morgue to a funeral home by friends and family members.

It’s understood that exposed electrical wires electrocuted the student during this morning’s heavy down pour.

The student was electrocuted in the early hours of this morning at the National Polytechnic Institute campus.

He was rushed to Accidents and Emergency room at the Angau hospital hospital by a security company vehicle at around 1 o’clock this morning, but was pronounced dead upon arrival.

National Polytechnic Institute SRC President, Gary Gumembi, says the student body are shocked.

Today, the family of the boy has refused to speak on camera, because of the shock of losing a family member.

His body has been taken to a funeral home outside of Lae City waiting for his mother to arrive tomorrow.

The student was a first year doing accounting studies and was in his early 20’s, a first year accounting student.

There is sketchy information about the cause of the electrocution, however it’s understood that the electrocution was caused by a poor insulated wire touching a light pole during last night’s heavy down pour.

On the 26th of last month, a boy at the Four-mile area in Lae was killed by electrocution after he touched a fence with power flowing through, after a power line had fallen on the fence.

 

Related posts

Escapee Shot Dead

Sharlyne Eri

UNICEF and Goodwill Ambassador Shakira Urge leaders to join early childhood revolution

EMTV Online

SME Owners Can Now Apply For Loans Instantly

EMTV Online
error: Content is protected !!