By Leanne Jorari – EMTV News, Port Moresby
Indian President, Pranab Mukherjee, and PNG Prime Minister, Peter O’Neill, have this morning signed an historic Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the two nations.
– MOU for the establishment of a Centre of Excellence and Information Technology
– MOU on Healthy Cooperation and HIV/AIDS
– Line of credit (for the National Court in Mt Hagen)
– Line of credit (Baiyer-Madang road project)
– Granting of US$7.2 million for prescriptive HIV/AIDS and ancillary equipmen’s
“We have to look at the similarities between both countries…although their economy is bigger, our challenges are very similar. India has a strong Industry focused on the SME sector and we can learn from the industrious people of India,” Prime Minister O’Neill said.