by Fabian Hakalits – EM TV News Port Moresby
New Ireland Governor, Sir Julius Chan, says the province is open for any business.
Businesses with development partners have been invited to explore opportunities that are available in the province.
Speaking at the recent meeting in Port Moresby, Sir Julius said: “The focus is to improve infrastructure, income-generating opportunities for people, education and other services.”
Sir Julius reaffirmed that New Ireland is serious in embracing business opportunities.
Meanwhile, the New Ireland Provincial Government has also endorsed several policy papers:
- Elevation of all high schools to secondary level, with intention of renaming all to colleges
- Establishment of a provincial election steering committee
- New Ireland Provincial Administration Restructure
- Land Portions in Kavieng Town and
- Composition and funding for a working committee for the Provincial Women’s Council
Others include the completion of 2014 Old Age and Disabled Payment and grant acquittals to three mainline Churches in the province.
Projects implemented in the province on roads and solar lights distributions were also discussed.