24 C
Port Moresby
March 4, 2021
News

Momis Says Bel Kol Ceremony Will Proceed

Share the News

By Fabian Hakalits – EM TV, Port Moresby

President of the Autonomous Bougainville Government Chief Dr John Momis, says the Bel Kol Ceremony will still proceed as planned.

Chief Momis was responding to questions raised by EM TV News if the Bel Kol Ceremony would still proceed as planned.

Despite attempts from several Bougainvilleans to stop this important event, Chief Momis says their actions are unacceptable as planning and consultations were already conducted.

Momis said that consultations were conducted in all the constituencies throughout the autonomous region of Bougainville, and for this event to be stopped by a minority is not right.

He said that the Bel Kol Ceremony concludes the ongoing peace and reconciliation on the island, as required by the Bougainville Peace Agreement and a signpost for the final call of referendum.

Earlier this week families of the Missing Persons in Panguna, the home of the once world’s largest pit mine; wanted the Bel Kol Ceremony to proceed in the Autonomous Region of Bougainville.

They say the Bel Kol Ceremony is the way forward for lasting peace on the island and believe all outstanding issues will be solved through the Bel Kol Ceremony.

They want the Bel Kol Ceremony to continue, a solution to many crisis related problems.

Related posts

Ipatas promises to introduce dole system in PNG

EMTV Online

Policy Officers in training to address migration issues

EMTV Online

Morobe to pay tithe

EMTV Online
error: Content is protected !!