31 C
Port Moresby
May 6, 2021
News

Minister’s Son Injured in Lae Clash

Share the News
A Senior Cabinet Minister’s son is among at least 3 people who have been injured in an attack to the Busurum Compound on Sunday night.

 

This morning, the clash continued as stones were hurled in exchange by both parties.

The main road between Hunter and Busurum Compounds was kept under heavy police guard as they waited for community leaders to begin negotiations.

 

Details of the cause of the fight are sketchy at this stage but a community leader from Hunter says, a Siassi District vehicle was stoned by drunken youths at the Busurum Compound last night and that led to the clash.

 

Last night’s attack prompted retaliation in which, the son of the Cabinet Minister was reported to have mobilized another group at the Hunter compound later in the night.

 

During the attack, the Siassi District vehicle and a privately owned truck were both damaged and some of the attackers were injured.

 

The Busurum community says it wants peace negotiations to be held and explanations given on the evening attack.

 

Community Magistrate Mr Mona Deke said last night’s attack was reported to police and they want peace and justice to take its course.

 

This is the third clash reported so far in the Ahi LLG area this year.

 

Previous clashes were at Wagang village and another one between the Menyamyas and Kabwums at Lae’s Back Road area.

Related posts

Parents of Students Attending Gerehu Secondary to Discuss TFF Policy

Jack Lapauve Jnr.

GG Issues Writs for Kairuku-Hiri Bi-Election

EMTV Online

Solomon Islands Arrives for FORU Cup

EMTV Online
error: Content is protected !!