News Sport

Telikom NSL Round 4: Hekari Too Classy

by Jeremy Mogi – EM TV Sports, Port Moresby

In the Telikom National Soccer League, Hekari United proved too classy for FC Port Moresby, with a two-nil victory.

Both goals were scored in the second half, as FC pom were made to the lost chances on goal.

While it was nil all at half time the match between Hekari United and FC Port Moresby was beautiful free flowing football, exhibited as the southern conference favourites go head to head in this round four match up.

Niel Hans with a chance as Hekari failed to dominate in the midfield
Strikers Jamal Seeto and Nathan Steven, both combining well with basil Jofari for FC Port Moresby,  who displayed crisp, slick passing as midfielder jacob Sabua was denied by Hekari keeper, Ishmael Pole.
Daniel Joe tore through the defence to score for Hekari on ’68 minutes, against the run of play.

British midfielder, Aaron Sexton, brought in as replacement for Basil Jofari in a surprise substitution for FC Pom as they searched for an equalizer. However, his inclusion failed to produce the much needed spark, his failed recovery, leaving defender Andrew Lepani at a disadvantage, Papalau Awele, and Tutizama Tanito, outnumbering the former PNG international to cross for Koriak Upaiga who promptly doubled Hekari’s lead.
Lepani would be substituted soon after, with Able Ilaitia as his replacement, however that right defence would be tested, time and time again.
As Hekari make first substitution with midfielder Leo Moli.

In the days other match it was Erema gulf against Gigira Laitepo. Striker Felix Bondaluk upfront for the Gigira as they looked at regrouping from last weeks draw against PS.

It was Erema who would prove the more dangerous as Gigira keeeper Richard Lapan was placed under immense pressure early. But it wasn’t until the 24th minute, when Tau Winnie would score.

The striker, finding space in a cramped penalty area to sneak the opener in, much to the delight of coach, Steven Mune.

Winnie would then doubled the lead only 8minutes later, as Gigira’s began to crack.

They were however, fortunate, when captain, Ian Yanum would score with minutes remaining in the first half, after latching onto a cross and smashing into the roof of the net.

The second half  lacked intensity, and in particular finesse. The exertions of the first 45 was beginning to take its toll.

Tau Winnie missed a golden opportunity for a hat trick, which would have effectively killed off the game.
But the match disappointedly degenerated into a tit for tat battle with mutitple infringements being committed by both teams in a poor display of sportsmanship.

However, it would matter little, when Michael Gita scored in the ’91 minute to put Erema undoubtedly on track for a 3-1 victory.

The wins by both Erema FC and Hekari, means that both are now on the top of the southern conference pending this afternoon’s match between Huawei PS and PKA Rapatona.

Related posts

Ruby Mirinka, First Woman to Graduate with Masters in Management from UNRE

EMTV Online

Confident England reach first World Cup semi-final in 28 years


Pacific Games Organising committee sell 8,000 Tickets

EMTV Online

Leave a Comment

error: Content is protected !!