by Theckla Gunga – EM TV News, Port Moresby
The PNG Electoral Commissioner, Sir Andrew Trawen, says the by-election for Ijivitari Open Electorate was yesterday confirmed and endorsed by Governor General, Sir Michael Ogio.
Sir Andrew said the Electoral Commission will:
• Issue the writs on 3rd of September 2015
• Close the nomination on 7th September 2015
• Polling will commence on November 7th 2015
• Polling ends on 201 November 2015 and the
• Returning of writs will on 10th December 2015.
“Now that the vice regal has confirmed the by-election, the electoral commission will now move forward in planning the conduct of the by-election,” Sir Andrew said.
Daisy Hombogani will be appointed as Returning Officer. She will be assisted with four Assistant Returning Officers representing the four local level governments in Ijivitari.
Walter Undaba for Tufi LLG, Newton Luscombe Aruga for Safia LLG, Duncan Wesley Korepeba for Afore LLG and Charles Tataenbo for Popondetta LLG.
Daisy Hombogani will oversee the elections in Oro Bay LLG.