26.7 C
Port Moresby
May 26, 2022
News Sport

FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup PNG 2016: Safety Operations Continues In Game Venues

Head of Safety and Search Operations for the FIFA Under 20 Women’s World Cup, Ben Pisoro, says safety will be maintained throughout the global competition.

Commander Pisoro said the joint forces will not take things lightly despite the low level threat.

This morning’s searches were carried out at Bava Stadium and the Sir John Guise Stadium prior to this afternoon’s matches.

Members of the Police force, Defence and Correctional Service, with assistance from the Australian Federal Police took part in the search. No major threats were identified, however concerns were raised over properties left behind by the public.

The safety and security search operation is a measure in place to see the smooth flow of the World Cup Challenge between countries taking part, game organizers and the public. About 50 officers are taking part in the safety search which began last month.

The operation will see all game venues searched prior to and after matches are played. The operation will continue until the final game is played.

Related posts

Australia-Filipino Refugee Deal Fails

EMTV Online

New Golf Manual for junior development programs

EMTV Online

Japan to provide support for infrastructure development

Rayon Lakingu
error: Content is protected !!