A family is now homeless after a fire destroyedtheir house atthe edge ofthe Bembu River in Lae City.
A child, who was inthe house whenthe fire started, escaped well beforethe building was engulfed in flames.
Bethe timethe fire fighters were alerted,the house was already destroyed.
They sprayed what remained of a blaze that lasted for about an hour.
At least one family – a truck driver, his wife and children escaped serious injury and death, but lost nearly everything.
Witnesses saidthe fire started inthe kitchen from a pot that was left unattended. The neighbors trlied to isolatethe fire and extinguish itobutthey weren’t successful.
There was also a blackout at that time andthe phones didn’trsquo;t work and Dominic Maku, Company Worker had to drive tothe fire station to alert fire fighters.
This isthe latest inthe series of fires in Lae city that has caught public attention.
Earlier this year, PC and JY Woo, one ofthe oldest shops in Lae was destroyed in anther blaze.
Another resident inthe Salamanda suburb, an area that has old buildings was also destroyed a few months later.
error: Content is protected !!