East Goroka Primary School received motivational talk and school items from Digicel Stars 3 Team during their visit yesterday.
The students were all in their full school uniforms and all smiles when the team visited their school.
Digicel Stars 3 team flew in to Goroka for the DS3 second audition scheduled for today (25 August).
This visit was a pre-planned event initiated by Digicel to coincide with all the out-of-POM auditions.
The two main aims of the school visit were to carry DS3 pre-audition awareness as well as deliver a motivational school talk to the students.
The students all assemble at the school ground to welcome the Team which included DS3 judges AKAY47 and Moses Tau, Lorna, members of Digicel and the EMTV camera crew. The motivational school talk was led by DS3 Head Judge and key speaker for the visit-AKAY47.
In his brief motivational speech to the students, AKAY47 encouraged the students to take their education seriously and must do well in their studies.
AKAY47 also encouraged the students to inform their families and friends to attend the audition at the Bird of Paradise Hotel as this might just be the opportunity for their talent to be discovered.
The Team presented the school 100 back to school packs, volleyball nets and rugby balls.
The school's head teacher-Mr Clancy Piholon thanked Digicel Stars team for the courtesy visit, the gifts and the life changing messages.
Digicel Stars is PNG’s biggest and most watched musical reality show which is aimed at sourcing, identifying local talents and giving them a chance at realizing their dream.
Digicel Stars 3 Fact Sheet
- Six days of open auditions Alotau (18 August), Goroka (25 August), Kokopo (1 Sept), Lae (8 Sept) and POM (15 and 16 Sept).
- Thousands of hopefuls will pass through the judges in the hope of making it through to the heats
- 16 Digicel Stars 3 programs to be aired on EMTV starting on Sunday, 26 August, 2012
- Six heats recorded at the EM TV studios
- Two elimination rounds
- There will be a semifinal followed by a showcase or live show and the grand final which will be aired on December 9.
- Prizes: 1st Prize: One recording contract with Fuzzy Wuzzy Vinyl, K10, 000 cash and a new Samsung Galaxy SIII valued over K1600.
- 2nd Prize: K5, 000 cash and BlackBerry phone.
- 3rd prize will be K2, 500 cash and new BlackBerry
- New Judge: PNG’s hip hop band Animal Audio rapper G-Dok who will join Lorna, AKAY47 and Moses Tau on the Digicel Stars 3 set.
Photo caption: Digicel Stars 3 Judges with East Goroka Primary School Teaching staff.