25 C
Port Moresby
August 2, 2021
News

Dekenai Construction to Seal Gulf to Central Road

The state today signed an K89 million road contract with Dekenai construction.

 

Dekenai Construction will upgrade and seal 57km of road from Malalawa in Gulf province to Epo in Central Province.

The project will be co-funded by the World Bank and the Government of Papua New Guinea.

 

The contract signing was held at Government House this morning.

 

All parties attended including, Works Minister Francis Awesa, department secretary David Wereh and company representatives.

 

Representing the state was the Department of Works secretary, Mr.Wereh who signed the documents with Governor General Sir Michael Ogio and the contractor,  .

 

This follows the signing of 4 contracts last week at a cost of K227 million for Lae roads.

 

The Malalawa to Epo upgrading and sealing will be funded by World Bank at 78% and the remaining 22% will be funded by the state.

 

Later in a media conference, Minister Awesa outlined the government’s vision in developing infrastructures in Gulf province.

 

Minister Awesa said the World Bank has already made available K500million for infrastructure development in 2014.

 

Minister Awesa announced that this is part of the government’s key priority to deliver K316 million worth of road projects in Lae, Gulf and Bougainville.

Related posts

PNG Human Resource Institute Launches its Annual National Conference

EMTV Online

PNG Golf eyes Gold at 2015 Games

EMTV Online

Fathers Of Four Girls Killed When Hit By A Car On Saturday Speak Out

EMTV Online
error: Content is protected !!