27.9 C
Port Moresby
September 18, 2021
Highlands News

Decision of Thomas Eluh as State of Emergency Controller Welcomed

By Vasinatta Yama – EM TV News, Mt Hagen

Some of the men involved in the rampage in Mendi town have welcomed the Government’s appointment of former Fraud Squad Detective, Thomas Eluh as the State of Emergency Controller. Some of them who were involved in the burning down of the Link PNG aircraft said they are relieved by the decision. However, they want the appointment to be permanent until the recent court decision on the Election Petition case is being reviewed or appealed, and a decision is made.

The youths spoke to EMTV News off camera that the decision of SOE and the appointment of Thomas Eluh could have been done earlier to prevent such riots from happening. They say they want Eluh because they view him as the most neutral person in this conflict.

The group said the burning down of the plane was not planned, but it coincidentally happened during the time they received news that the case was dismissed. They say they acted out of frustration and felt that justice had been denied. They expected the decision to be in their favour, but it turned out otherwise.

They are now calling on the Prime Minister and the National Executive Council to conduct a Commission of Inquiry into the Electoral Commissioner’s decision in declaring the Governor’s seat under special circumstances.

However, they assured the public that they will keep calm as long as Thomas Eluh is in charge.

Related posts

Enga to have a world class hospital

EMTV Online

PNG expecting a visit from YWAM’s medical ship ‘Ruach’

Joanita Nonwo

New Women�s Coach Arrives

EMTV Online
error: Content is protected !!