by Marie Kauna – EMTV Online, Port Moresby
Fish can be cooked in so many ways. It can fried, boiled, and smoked, plus many more.
Here’s one way fish can be cooked – creamed, with vegetables.
The ingredients include:
- Fish – can be more than one
- Carrots – sliced
- Capsicum – sliced
- Onion – chopped
The steps are as follows:
- Clean up the fish.
- Boil a pot of hot water. When the water boils, add the fish to the pot. The fish can be chopped into smaller pieces if it’s bigger in size.
- Wait a little while and add the other ingredients, carrots, capsicum and onion. Leave to boil.
- Then pour out the water, and add the coconut cream. It can be pure coconut cream or a little water can be added to make the cream a little lighter. Add coconut cream to the fish.
- Lower the heat and leave to simmer. Grate the ginger and garlic onto the fish.
- Leave the pot to simmer on low heat. Once cooked, remove from fire and the fish is ready for eating.
- When the fish is cooked, it gives off a delicious smell that will make your whole house smell great.
The recipe is inexpensive and satisfying. It is healthy and worth preparing, so when you’re thinking of preparing fish for your family, if you prefer cooking it, think of creaming your fish.