Firemen and Beidgestone TyrePNG employees in Port Moresby battled an infern attheir warehouse last Friday night and intothe early hours of Saturday morning.
Staffs atthe office believethe fire had started from an electrical fault onthe machining floor.
The fire battle began between 8:30pm and 9:00pm inthe evening with staff trying to extinguishthe growing blazes.
According to Warehouse Manager James Audubo, firemen arrived about thirty minutes later and set to work.
It took four fire trucks fromthe city’s fire service and two thers fromthe civil aviation to bringthe fire under control at about 2am on Saturday morning.
Tyre tubes, batteries and ther tyre repair materials were all destroyed inthe fire, including a new truck.
The walls of an SP Brewery warehouse closest to Beidgestone also sustained some damage fromthe heat produced bythe infern.
Salome VincentoNational EMTV News