28 C
Port Moresby
January 23, 2021
News

Bidar: Sufficient Evidence to move the case involving former Lands Secretary, Romilly Kila Pat

Share the News


By Theckla Gunga – EMTV News, Port Moresby

The Waigani Committal Court has found sufficient evidence to move the case involving former Lands Secretary, Romilly Kila Pat and two other former lands employee, to a higher court.

Senior Magistrate, Cosmas Bidar told the three accused that when their case returns to court in July, their lawyers will be making submissions on the sufficiency of the evidences.

The three were charged for conspiracy and misappropriation, last year.

The other two employees are Vavine Walo, former Lands Department’s Finance and Budget manager and Simeon Andrew, former director.

All three were present in court this morning with their lawyers.

They were told that the evidence exists around the three conspiring to defraud the state.

It is alleged that the three applied to use over K200,000 from the Lands Reformed Trust Account in October 2015.

The court found that on 3rd September, 2015 Kila Pat was suspended as lands secretary following an NEC decision, but approved the K280,000 cheque, on the 14th of September.

That is 11 days after his suspension.

The three will be relying on Section 96 of the District Court Act which allows them to submit affidavits for the courts to consider on the sufficiency of the evidence which were already presented in court.

The accused are out on K2,000 bail and their matter returns to court on July 29.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZWvEy-BEf_U%3Ffeature%3Doembed%26wmode%3Dopaque%26showinfo%3D0%26showsearch%3D0%26rel%3D0

Related posts

Sports Venues Facelift

EMTV Online

Committees Established to Coordinate Relief Assistance for Affected Communities in SHP

Jack Lapauve Jnr.

Diagnosing Food Allergies

EMTV Online
error: Content is protected !!