29 C
Port Moresby
April 21, 2021
Football International Sport

Barca appeal rejected against Suarez two-match ban

Share the News

Image: Football Soccer – River Plate v FC Barcelona – FIFA Club World Cup Final – International Stadium Yokohama, Yokohama – 20/12/15 FC Barcelona’s Luis Suarez celebrates scoring their third goal Reuters / Toru Hanai Livepic

MADRID (Reuters) – Barcelona’s appeal against Luis Suarez’s two-match King’s Cup ban for allegedly provoking a fracas in the tunnel after last week’s game against Espanyol has been rejected, the Spanish football federation (RFEF) said.

At the end of a bad-tempered last 16 first leg derby at the Nou Camp that Barca won 4-1, the players clashed near the dressing rooms after leaving the pitch and had to be separated by security personnel.

“I am waiting for you, come here. You are a waste of space,” said Suarez, according to the referee’s report.

The Uruguay striker will be suspended for the return leg at Espanyol on Wednesday and Barca’s next King’s Cup match should they reach the quarter-finals.

Barca did not immediately say whether they planned to file a further appeal to the Spanish government’s Disciplinary Committee for Sport (TAD).

(Reporting by Iain Rogers, editing by Tony Jimenez)

Copyright 2015 Thomson Reuters. Click for Restrictions.

Related posts

Pini Falls Short for Semi Finals

Shane Saroya

Morbidly plump Texas wiener dog loses weight and ‘Fat Vincent’ name

EMTV Online

Israel’s Shimon Peres, 93, dies in Tel Aviv – Israel Radio

Reuters
error: Content is protected !!