By Daphne Rasehei – EMTV Online
A new iPhone 5-sized device could be announced as early as March.
When Apple grew the size of its phones for the iPhone 6, it left a lot of smaller hands behind.
Rumours are mounting that the iPhone 5 size is coming back, and the newest small phone could be announced as early as this March.
It seems it may be launched ahead of the iPhone 7’s expected September release.
Potentially called the iPhone 5se, the new phone would be the same size as the iPhone 5s, but with some features that step it up from iPhone 5s.
Macworld has provided the following list of “iPhone 5se” upgrades over the 5s:
• The chamfered, shiny edges have been replaced with curved glass like on the iPhone 6 and 6s lines
• The same 8 megapixel rear camera and 1.2 megapixel front camera systems from the iPhone 6
• Support for larger panoramas and autofocus for video recording
• Barometer for tracking elevation in the Health app
• An NFC chip for Apple Pay
• The A8 and M8 chips from the iPhone 6
• Bluetooth 4.2, VoLTE, and 802.11ac WiFi chips from the iPhone 6s
• Same Silver, Space Gray, Gold, & Rose Gold colour options as the 6s line
The inane name iPhone 5se could refer to “special edition” or perhaps just “enhanced”, as in an enhanced version of the iPhone 5s.
So if you want to stay on the innovative front, keep holding out for that iPhone 7. But if all these bigger iPhones are too big for your hands, you could be in luck come March.