21.7 C
Port Moresby
July 26, 2021
News

4-Year-Old Burnt From Power Explosion

Share the News
A four-year-old boy is in critical condition after a power transfusion box blew up during power outage atthe BeMobile building at Waigani, Port Moresby.

 

He is suffering serious burns from his neck down to his lower body.

The incident happened around 3pm last Friday whenthe boy was with his mum outsidethe central Waigani business centre.

 

A loud explosion shookthe entire row of business houses causingthe public to seek refuge in all directions.

 

An eye withness, John Koaba and his workmates sawthe boy lying down as a vehicle drover pastthe scene.

 

“We sawthe boy lying down with burns and helped rushedthe boy to hospital,” he said.
 

Koaba was very concerned thaPNG Power had not securedthe area after inspectingthe transfusion box last Wednesday.

 

The boy’s dad Amadio Kandakasi said his son should have dlied withoutthe response from Koaba and his fellow workers.

 

“There are a lot of electrical faults and people have been electrocuted…I don’t know what rolPNG Power plays in ensuring safety security ofthe people,” he said.
 

Mr Kandakasi voiced that he would take necessary steps to make sure his son is compensated.

 

Pictured: Bey&#39’s dad atthe scene.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bjku1mHLpyA%3Ffeature%3Doembed%26wmode%3Dopaque%26showinfo%3D0%26showsearch%3D0%26rel%3D0

Related posts

Three suspects arrested for being in possession of illicit drugs

Joanita Nonwo

NGCB steps in to assist PNG Athletes

EMTV Online

Pacific Youth Encouraged to Join Anti-corruption Contest

EMTV Online
error: Content is protected !!